February 15, 2018
Staging your home with our storage units
If the for sale sign is going up in the yard, get your space ready for potential buyers with 106 Self Storage. We are breaking down the steps to properly staging your home in order for a better selling experience. See how a little creativity, organization, and our storage units in Plympton, MA can help.
- Clean up outside! Get rid of sticks and debris. You could even add a few plants around the garden.
- Selling during the winter? Decorations on the door and windows will make your home welcoming.
- Simplify your entry way. A simple chair with a small table is enough to make a great first impression.
- Add just a drop of color with accessories. Keep your paint choices neutral and your color in the artwork.
What to move to storage?
- Family photos on the mantel create a timeline of memories, but in order for your buyer to see themselves here is best to move these keepsakes to storage.
- Rearrange your furniture with simplicity in mind. Any extra pieces are safely stored here.
- Seasonal bins such as decorations and clothes should be moved to a storage unit.
Staging your home for success:
- Touch up paint and finish projects around the house.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere with simple decorations.
- Choose a neutral color scheme for each room.
- Spruce up your kitchen with new hardware and open counter space. Keep the counter clear of extra appliances, such as blenders, knife blocks, etc.
When you are buying or selling your home, 106 Self Storage has the answers. Until you find the dream home, our Plympton MA storage units make storing the extra gear simple. Our drive up units answer the question, “Where are the best storage units near me?” Let us guide you through the self storage renting process with our experts, available space, and staging tips.