March 6, 2018
Tips for packing before getting to your unit
Are you getting ready for your spring cleaning projects? It will be nice to open the windows and let the spring breeze flow through the house. After a long winter your space may be in need of a detailed cleaning. Storage units at 106 Self Storage will help store while getting in those hard to reach spots. Start packing with our storage packing tips and get ready to move this spring.
It may be time to move houses or you want to dust off the summer umbrella just in time for a cookout, either way our self storage solutions make it possible. Start your spring cleaning on a positive note by packing for storage with us!
Storage packing tips for the perfect storing experience
- Find the right packing supplies. Ask about our moving kits to make things simple.
- Lifting a large box that is heavier then expected can hurt your movers and your box, so be aware how much each container can hold.
- Wrap pictures to keep them prestine. Find bubble wrap the next time you stop by our office.
- Store mattresses in mattress bags to avoid dust and dirt from settling in.
- Keep your regularly used items off to the side, these boxes you want to pack last so you can access them at any time.
- A protective cushion between each plate or bowl helps absorb the vibrations in transit to the new house.
- Load boxes that go to the same room into the moving truck together, so everything comes out at the same time and does not end up in a different room.
- If you are calling on friends and family to help you move, give them enough notice so they can clear their schedules or for you to find a replacement.
Enjoy the nice weather by clearing out your home and storing with 106 Self Storage in Plympton, MA. Our storage packing tips are a perfect checklist so every surface and room are spotless.